Stephen J. Mullin, chair
Miller Science Building, Room 101
Phone: (936) 468-3601
Fax: (936) 468-2056
P.O. Box 13003, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962
D. Brent Burt, Beatrice Clack, Matthew Kwiatkowski, Stephen J. Mullin, Donald B. Pratt, Josephine Taylor, Alexandra Van Kley, James E. Van Kley, Stephen C. Wagner, Robert J. Wiggers
Daniel J. Bennett, Dennis A. Gravatt, J. Kevin Langford
Rebecca D. Parr
Erin M. Childress
Joann Giudici, Ronald Havner, Gene A. Sullivan, Justin B. Sullivan
The biology department’s mission is to produce broadly trained biologists with the skills and knowledge that will prepare them to succeed in the biological field of their choosing. The academic programs offered have the intellectual breadth and academic rigor needed to achieve this objective. The Department of Biology has established three goals to meet the mission:
- Graduates will possess a fundamental knowledge of living organisms.
- Graduates will possess critical-thinking skills and be able to apply the scientific method to solve problems.
- Graduates will appreciate and be able to describe the role that advances in biology play in our society.
- Biology Club
- Botany Interest Group
- Tri-Beta (biological honor society)
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (pre-health honor society)
- American Medical Student Association
- Latino Medical Student Association