Jan 18, 2022
1. Core Curriculum Requirements (42 hours)
Specific degree programs may direct core curriculum choices due to accreditation requirements or other considerations. Please see core requirements for specific degree programs.
A. Communication (6 hours)
1. Six hours from English rhetoric/composition:
2. Three hours from oral communication:
C. Life and Physical Science (6 hours)
Lab credit beyond six required hours is counted in the major.
D. Language, Philosophy and Culture (3 hours)
E. Creative Arts (3 hours)
F. American History (6 hours)
G. Government/Political Science (6 hours)
H. Social and Behavioral Science (3 hours)
I. Component Area Option (6 hours)
2. Business Foundation Requirements
Some of these courses may be taken to satisfy part of the core curriculum requirements.
Two hours general electives
4. Major Requirements
See information for major in each school or department’s pages.
5. General Requirements for all Business Majors
B. Hours Requirements:
A minimum of 42 hours of residence work on SFA campus of which 36 semester hours must be advanced (300-400 level). At least 50 percent of business requirements, including at least 12 hours of advanced work in the major, in residence at SFA; at least 60 hours of non-business courses (up to nine hours of economics, six hours of statistics, and all computer science courses may be counted as non-business for this purpose); and at least 120 semester hours total (excluding remedial-type courses or activity courses in excess of four semester credit hours).
C. Grade Requirements:
Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA in courses completed at SFA and a grade of at least C in each freshman English course. Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA in major coursework, minor coursework and B.B.A. foundation requirements.
Note: Required averages are based on those courses in each category that are included in the student’s official degree plan.
D. Additional Requirements:
- Transferred business course credit from another accredited institution at the freshman-sophomore level will be accepted for elective credit only, and an appropriate junior- to senior-level course will be required.
- All students must satisfy provisions of the Texas Success Initiative program. See TSI Information elsewhere in this bulletin.