Nov 22, 2019
1. University Core Curriculum Requirements
C. Life and Physical Sciences
Most science courses require co-enrollment in an appropriate laboratory course (see the College Requirements section below).
D. Language, Philosophy and Culture
G. Government/Political Science
H. Social and Behavioral Sciences
2. College Requirements
(Some of these courses may be taken to satisfy part of the Core Curriculum Requirements listed in Item 1. Seventeen additional hours.)
Two hours from appropriate laboratory courses for core science courses.
3. Major Requirements (34 hours):
plus nine advanced hours of computer science (restricted).
A student must have a grade of C or higher in all courses that are prerequisite to a computer science course before enrolling in that course.
5. Hours Requirements:
- Only three hours of mathematics and six hours of science are included in the core. Programs requiring four credit hour mathematics or science courses incorporate the additional hours elsewhere in their program requirements.
- At least 42 hours in residence at SFA; at least 36 advanced hours in residence at SFA and at least 12 hours of advanced work in the major at SFA. At least six advanced hours in the minor at SFA. At least 120 semester hours total (excluding remedial-type courses).
6. Grade Requirements:
*Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA in courses completed at SFA and a grade of at least C in each freshman English course. Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA in major coursework at SFA, in minor coursework at SFA, and in advanced computer science courses at SFA.
*Note: Required averages are based on those courses in each category that are included in the student’s official degree plan.
7. Additional Requirements:
If the approximate equivalent of a required upper-division course is taken at another accredited institution at the freshman-sophomore level and transferred to SFA, the transferred course will be accepted for elective credit only, and an appropriate junior-senior level course in the same field will be substituted for the required course.
All students must satisfy provisions of the Texas Success Initiative program.
See TSI Information elsewhere in this bulletin.
Students must satisfy requirements for the Bachelor of Science with a major in computer information systems as listed in the College of Sciences and Mathematics section of this bulletin.
Computer Information Systems Major Requirements (34 hours)
Nine advanced hours from a list of approved computer science courses
Sophomore Year (30 hours)
Core and Remaining Requirements
8. Six advanced hours of computer science (restricted)
9. Elective hours as required
Minimum of 28 hours needed to complete the degree program in the senior year.
No student may enroll in any business course numbered 300 or higher unless 60 hours of coursework will have been completed by the end of the semester for which the student is enrolling.